Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's a girl thing...drama, drama, drama...

We hit 35 weeks yesterday, but the past few days have not been much fun. My feet and legs have been swelling like crazy, as you can see. I'm sure it's mostly caused by me being on my feet at work too much. Then, yesterday, I wasn't feeling great. I went to CVS and checked my blood pressure. It was 126/64, which is great for most people; however, it's a bit elevated for me. I went in to get checked out at the OB's office. By the time I got there, it was back down to 112/60. I had a few keytones in my urine, but it wasn't enough for concern. Since I was there though, we went ahead and did my appointment that was orginally scheduled for this morning. My uterus measures 36 weeks, Addie is estimated to be around 6 lbs, 9 oz (WOWZA!), and I'm dilated to a 2. Since this is baby #7, they're not worried about me being a 2 already. She's still high up and that's a good thing.

Then, today, I've been kinda crampy. I'll spare the details, but there was another reason I decided to call Andrea and get her opinion on if I should go in or not. We decided I would, just to ease minds if nothing else. They put me on the monitors in L&D. I was actually having mild and irregular contractions every 8-10 minutes. Luckily, they weren't progressing dilation and I was sent back home.

I am so frustrated right now. With my first baby, I went to L&D a lot to get checked and was always told it was "nothing." She ended up being born at 35 weeks, 3 days (which would be the day after tomorrow for Addie) after my water broke prematurely. Then, with the twins, I waited to go in because I just thought it was the pressure from carrying 2 babies. When we got there, I was already dilated to a 5 and I wasn't even sure labor had started! Labor did stall at a 6 with them, but all my other labors (with singletons) have been fairly fast. You would think after this many kids, I'd know what is going on with my body. *sigh* I have a feeling these last few weeks are not going to fly by like the previous weeks have.

I absolutely refuse to deliver Miss Addison prior to 37 weeks though. She must stay put until April 5th at least! I honestly think she'll be born after that point. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up being "evicted." But, for now, it's anyone's guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment