Monday, February 14, 2011

Blessings, blood, and bellies

Andrea had another shower yesterday and she had a great turn out! So many friends were there to support her and she was definitely showered with love and gifts. :) Unfortunately, I don't have any pics...but I'm hoping maybe she or Steve can share some here soon.

As for me, I went in for the 3 hour glucose test this morning. I got there just before 7. They were supposed to draw my blood, have me drink the sugar drink, then draw my blood every hour for 3 hours. Well, instead of 4 sticks, I was stuck 7 times total. One of the phlebotomists had a hard time with my veins. Since I couldn't drink or eat, I'm wondering if it wasn't because I was slightly dehydrated? I don't know, but it's said and done and now we just wait and PRAY for passing results!

Also, I've been comparing belly pics of this pregnancy with my last pregnancy (which was twins). Let me just say that I shouldn't do that. I have come to the conclusion that Addison is either HUGE or there's a hidden baby in there or the twins just stretched me out and Addison is taking up every square inch. All I know is there wasn't much difference in size at 28 weeks. I will be taking another belly pic tomorrow and I plan to compare belly pics again. (Yes, I'll post them both here for the world to see.) Yeah, I realize I'm freaking myself out...but I think I need the next 10 weeks to prepare myself if she's going to be bigger than any of the other 6 babies I've delivered. (And, if she is, I'm totally blaming Steve.)

No comments:

Post a Comment